Student Partner Elections 2023

Student Partner Elections 2023

by Sarah Strachan -
Number of replies: 0

Who are Student Partners & What do they do?

Student Partners are the backbone of the student community. They help gather and provide feedback on the student experience and bring about meaningful change to improve your time at Futureworks. They also plan campaigns and events to raise awareness, provide support and enrich the social side of life whilst studying. 

One Student Partner is elected for each cohort, meaning there is one representative per course per year. After they have been elected, the Student Partners vote amongst themselves to elect three Lead Student Partners - one for each school. The activities of the Student Partners are overseen by the Principal Student Partner, who organises and chairs meetings, attends higher level institutional committees and acts as the main representative for all students and partners. 

Student Partners meet once a month to bring feedback and ideas from their respective courses, and to plan events and campaigns. Feedback that is brought to these meetings is then taken to official Futureworks committees, such as School Committee and Academic Board, and used to make improvements across the institution.

Why should you become a Student Partner?

Develop your communication, problem solving, organisation, leadership and social skills 

Meet new people and make friends across the student body 

Make real changes to student life at Futureworks

What have previous Student Partners said about their experiences?

“Taking on the job of a student partner has helped my communication skills to both my peers and industry professionals. I have learnt critical thinking and problem solving to bridge ideas and suggestions that improve the life of my fellow students.”

“Being a student partner has given me the opportunity to make a positive impact on my education and see changes that I and others have made. I have greatly valued my time helping my friends and improving our experience and community.”

“The Student Partner role is an extremely valuable asset to Futureworks, where I've developed my skills in communication, teamwork and problem solving. The experience is highly rewarding and is key for improving the student and social experience”

“I have thoroughly enjoyed my time as a Student Partner. It has given me the opportunity to meet and connect with both staff and students from all creative backgrounds, and I truly feel as though I am making a positive impact for current and future students.”

Nominations for Student Partner positions will open on Monday 25th September - keep an eye on the VLE, Community Discord and email for updates.

Join the Futureworks Community Discord Server here.