Principal Student Partner Nominees

Principal Student Partner Nominees

by Sarah Strachan -
Number of replies: 0

Voting for the next cohort of Student Partners will take place next week, but before then make sure you familiarise yourself with  the candidates who are running for the role of Principal Student Partner:

Principal Student Partner Nominees:

Jack Evans

Emily Marshall

"I would like to work with the university, to try and help build up a social life within the university. through Clubs/societies or uni-run events like last year. For example, there was a 48-hour film comp, a quiz night, and others. This also brings all of the university together and helps students network with each other. But currently, there isn't much going for students to have a social, compared to other universities which have many clubs/ societies and events. Even in the societies, they have tours (group holidays) where they organize to places such as Italy or Croatia. I would love to bring this to future works, which might also bring new students in by showing them the social side of the university."

"It would be an absolute pleasure to leave a lasting impact on Futureworks and help implement positive changes that will benefit students even after I leave. I’ve had the privilege of being involved with the Student Partner program for the last year and a half, so I have an in-depth knowledge of how the system works and how it could be improved. I’ve seen first hand how the changes we make as Student Partners can influence so many people for the better. It is my aim to make Futureworks as welcoming a space as possible, so if you see me around the building, don’t hesitate to say hi, or give me a message on discord. I’m always around if you’d like a discussion about anything or have any ideas on how to improve your Futureworks experience, whether that be through societies and clubs, socials, events and campaigns or feedback on facilities and learning. I am a driven, determined and highly organised individual so you can be assured that your feedback will be heard and passed along to the appropriate places. 

It’s been lovely meeting so many of you over the years, and hopefully I’ll continue to this coming year! It has, and will continue to be, a pleasure to be surrounded by such talented creatives."

Voting Open Monday 16th until Thursday 19th October - make sure to check your emails!